The society French Diaxys presents its range of PHT-RF sensors.
Foodstuffs storage warehouses on logistics sites or in stores, drug storage workshops, metrology workshops, and more generally all premises where it is desired to monitor the environment (if only for comfort), require monitoring of ambient conditions.
These are typically the fields of application of the new PHT-RF sensor from Diaxys. This combines three sensors in one (measurement of temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure), it is powered by batteries and transmits its measurements by radio. There is therefore no wire to pull and the installation is done simply and quickly. The PHT-RF can be permanently installed but it is also suitable for one-off installations (for a fixed period) with changes of location.
Transmissions of the measured values are made by radio at 2.4 GHz according to the IEEE 802.15.4 standard. The range is 400 m in an open field and between 30 and 90 m inside buildings. The data transmitted is retrieved by concentrators (supplied by Diaxys), which reproduce them in conventional analog or digital (Modbus) formats to be used by a PLC or a supervision system.
In environmental monitoring applications, there is often an interest in exceeding predefined limit values (for example, exceeding the temperature or the humidity level for a drug).
The PHT-RF meets this need well . It is in fact possible to assign thresholds to the three measured quantities and to transmit only the values for exceeding the threshold (alarm mode). The association of the PHT-RF with a remote relay control (DXRF-ES wireless gateway) thus acts as a pressure switch, hygrostat and thermostat.
The measurement probes are incorporated. The DXRF11 / 12 measures pressures from 0 to 1200 mbar (with a resolution of 0.1 mbar and an accuracy of 2 mbar), relative humidity between 0 and 100% (with a resolution of 0.1% and an accuracy 1.5% between 20 and 80% RH) and temperature between -20 ° C and 50 ° C (with a resolution of 0.1 ° C and an accuracy of 0.5 ° C).
The PHT-RF is equipped with an LCD display as well as 3 navigation and configuration buttons. It is powered by a 3 Ah battery and its very low consumption (a few µA in standby mode) gives it an autonomy that can exceed 5 years in supervision and more than 10 years in alarm mode.
The box is designed to operate between -20 and +50 ° C.
Summary of PHT-RF characteristics
- Room parameter measurement sensor with radio transmission
- Measures pressure (between 0 and 1200 mbar), relative humidity (from 0 to 100% RH) and temperature (between -20 ° C and 50 ° C)
- Resolution of 0.1 mbar for pressure, 0.1% RH for humidity and 0.1 ° C for temperature
- Accuracy of 0.5 mbar for pressure, 1.5% for humidity between 20 and 80% RH (and 3% outside this range) and 0.5 ° C for temperature.
- 2.4 GHz radio transmission (IEEE 802.15.4 standard). Range of 400m in free field and between 30 and 90m inside buildings (crosses several concrete walls).
- Designed to work in association with a concentrator (supplied by Diaxys), which returns the measurements in the form of analog or digital signals (Modbus) for transmission to a controller or a supervision PC.
- Possibility of assigning thresholds to the measured values. The PHT-RF thus acts as a pressure switch, hygrostat and thermostat.
- Operating temperature: between -20 and +50 ° C
- 3 Ah battery powered
- Consumption: less than 0.2 W in operation and 0.2 mW in standby mode
- Montage mural