NI, a provider of platform-based systems that enable engineers and scientists to meet the major technical challenges of our time, announces the launch of new hardware dedicated to embedded systems, based on the architecture of E/S reconfigurable LabVIEW RIO.
These include the high-performance CompactRIO controller for integrators working on hardened industrial applications, the FlexRIO controller for high-performance embedded application developers, and the RIO Single-Board controller designed for developers looking to integrate more flexibility into their embedded applications. These controllers are based on Intel and Xilinx's latest embedded technologies, which provide unmatched performance and flexibility, giving system designers and machine manufacturers the ability to solve the most demanding monitoring and control application issues. They are fully supported by LabVIEW software, the LabVIEW FPGA and NI Linux Real-Time module, which now relies on SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) and allows Applications of the Internet of Industrial Things (IIoT) to have advanced security features.
"As the Industrial Internet of Things continues to influence how intelligent systems are connected, communicated and optimized, embedded systems engineers must meet the requirements for security, performance, networking and time to market, not to mention the need to reduce development costs,"says Jamie Smith, NI's Director of Embedded Systems. NI's LabVIEW RIO architecture offers engineers the ability to design, prototype and deploy embedded systems from a comprehensive platform for Industrial Internet Monitoring and Control applications. »
To meet the growing specifications of IIoT, NI's platform combines intelligent systems, connectivity and system-to-system communications with analytics software tools designed to provide strategic and business information.
"NI's LabVIEW RIO architecture, with its real-time processors, user-programmable FPGAs and modular E/S, gives us the performance and flexibility to build complex control systems for our smart farm machines,"said Steve Aposhian, President and Chief Engineer at Firefly Equipment. Programming all elements of the system with LabVIEW accelerates our development process and allows us to bring our innovations to market faster. »
High-performance CompactRIO controller
- Intel's Atom Processor: Have faster loop time, more resources for real-time processes, and more processing accuracy and speed with the 1.91 GHzingg quad-core processor.
- Kintex-7 FPGA: Perform multi-track processing and implement more complex logic, mathematics and control algorithms.
- NI Linux Real-Time: Access an ecosystem of apps and IP through a real-time 64-bit, Linux-based OS.
- Onboard IU: Incorporate a local IHM and use the controller to customize and manage IHM tasks. Reduce the overall cost of the system as well as the development and integration time.
- SD (Secure Digital) storage: Access different levels of storage for data management and access.
Controller for FlexRIO
- FPGA Kintex-7: Implement high-speed control algorithms and advanced signal processing that support more than 30 high-performance I/S adaptation modules.
- Compact format: Switch faster from prototyping on PXI to deploying on this compact controller (2.5 x 12.7 x 22.8 cm) with minimal software changes.
- Dual-core ARM processor: Take advantage of the stand-alone operation of an application associated with the NI Linux Real-Time operating system.
SINGLE-Board CONTROLLER RIO
- SoC (chip system) Zynq with NI Linux Real-Time: Improve your system's performance with a 667 MHz dual-core ARM processor, Artix-7 FPGA and reliable real-time operating system.
- Optimization for your system: Take advantage of a flexible and reduced hardware architecture (in map format) to add computing capabilities to your intelligent industrial systems.
- Code reuse: Minimize investments as you move from prototyping to deployment and evolve your systems over time to fit your application specifications.
Find out more: www.ni.com/embedded-systems/products/hardware/