The general assembly of Cofrend was held on September 24, in order to elect a new president but also new directors.
Mr. Etienne Martin, “END Expert” at EDF, was elected Chairman of Cofrend for a three-year term. He succeeds Mr. François Champigny, outgoing president.
Involved for more than 30 years in the monitoring for the development and qualification of non-destructive examination (NDT) procedures, Etienne Martin, is not unknown in the sector and within Cofrend. Vice-president from 2002 to 2005, then president of Cofrend from 2005 to 2008, he has been a member of the board of directors since 2011 and in charge of international affairs, renamed since 2016 to the international Cofrend pole that he chairs. He has served on the board of the EFNDT board since 2012 with in 2020 as treasurer of the EFNDT.
Very involved in international qualification and standardization bodies, Etienne Martin thus held the position of President of the European Inspection & Qualification Network (ENIQ) in charge of writing good practice guides for the qualification of NDTs, 2011 in 2017. Since 1 September 2020, he became chairman of CEN / TC 138. it also represents the profession of NDT on risk management in the use of high-energy X-ray, in connection with the safety authorities .
Etienne Martin finds the presidency of Cofrend in a very specific context, marked by the health crisis of the coronavirus.
In this turbulent period, he intends to bring all his experience to support the profession in this new context of crisis and wishes to reaffirm more than ever what unites the profession and its members within the confederation:
- a community of trades, based on experts and technical referents,
- a plural expression of its activities, which is the very principle of a confederation,
- recognition of a single, essential core: certification, recognized for its quality,
- the investment of the members of the association by making many volunteers available, who devote a significant part of their activity to the functioning of the Cofrend, and who deserve the greatest respect,
- a strong and motivated governance team so that the French confederation for NDT remains an association based on simple principles of sharing, exchanges, autonomy, and communication in which all members must feel involved and recognized.
Visit the site: