Creaform, a global provider of automated, portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, announced the release of Pipecheck 6.1, a major upgrade to pipeline integrity assessment software.
According to the company, "Pipecheck 6.1 remains the safest NDT solution for assessing pipeline integrity." It provides a complete 3D visualization of internal and external surfaces, ensuring pipeline integrity and public safety. Used in conjunction with HandyScan 3D or Go product lines! 3D Scan, Pipecheck 6.1 offers:
- Increased capacity: This new version measures objects with much larger diameters, such as storage tanks, pressure tanks, cars, etc., which will eventually open up new markets in the transportation and refining sectors,
- saving time and money: used with Go! SCAN 3D, the software allows to have a complete 3D image with geometry, colors, textures and even writings,
- User independence: The new weld selection feature and the famous virtual depth gauge remove many manual operations that would normally require expertise and experience,
- Flexibility and Versatility: Pipecheck 6.1 provides assessment capabilities for different types of pipeline damage (corrosion, mechanical damage, radius, wrinkle, ovality, etc.), correlation of online inspections (ILI) and importation of ultrasonic test data (UT) for mixed analysis,
- Rapid deployment in the field: it is effective in all working conditions, whether in the sun or in difficult environments. "In addition, because it requires fewer targets to measure corrosion, it saves time and provides a major competitive advantage,"says Creaform,
- Speed and accuracy: With up to 1,500,000 measurements per second and up to 0.025 mm (0.0009 inches) of accuracy, it provides accurate and reproducible results.
"This new version of Pipecheck clearly demonstrates Creaform's commitment to continuous improvement of our NDT pipeline inspection solutions," said Jérôme-Alexandre Lavoie, Product Manager. With the additional texture recording function and all the new tools focused on user independence, this software provides a complete and in-depth report, in a single file, of any small or large diameter object. »