In order to facilitate access to automation, Creaform unveils the latest version of its VXscan-R software module, which includes innovative features that guarantee the best operational and budgetary flexibility.
Creaform, a business unit of Ametek and a global leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, today announced the launch of its new VXscan-R software module for the VXelements 10 platform. This latest version now offers advanced compatibility with a greater number of robots, including collaborative robots, which takes simplicity and ease of use to the next level, and increases quality control productivity.
VXscan-R software is an integral part of the famous R-SeriesTM. It is the optimal automated 3D scanning solution for applications on the production line, whether in turnkey solutions or customizable layouts. VXscan-R provides a reliable and accurate digital twin environment for program preparation, scanning simulations, and execution. Used with the MetraSCAN 3D-RTM, a robot-mounted optical CMM scanner, the R-Series is designed for companies that want to find defects faster and ensure that all parts are measured correctly, without human influence or subjectivity.
Discover the accessibility of the R-Series with VXscan-R and the many benefits of integrating it into your manufacturing and quality processes.
· Compatibility: This new version of VXscan-R is now compatible with collaborative robots (Fanuc CRX) as well as a variety of new industrial robots, allowing it to adapt to all workflows, from large production lines to small and medium-sized businesses.
· Simple deployment: Thanks to its lightweight and compact design, this new R-Series collaborative robot offering can be deployed easily and quickly, regardless of the level of expertise or user experience.
· Powerful: The MetraScan 3D-R offers high-performance optics, blue laser technology and 360° target coverage, providing optimal measurement accuracy, speed, versatility and operational simplicity for any quality control task. This is exactly what you need to effectively solve productivity problems and improve product quality.
· Seamless integration: R-Series solutions are fully integrated with VXscan-R software and, whether it's a custom layout or a turnkey solution, integrate seamlessly with any automated quality control process.
· Security: Collaborative is not just a word. This means that the robot expects to work with and around employees. Safety functions, such as automatic shutdown in case of resistance, are therefore essential to maintain a safe working environment.
"By adding collaborative robots to the R-Series offering, and supporting more industrial robots, we can ensure that the best scanning technology powered by offline programming software is accessible to businesses of all sizes," says Jérôme-Alexandre Lavoie, Product Manager at Creaform. "In truth, harnessing the power of automation has never been easier."