InnovMetric, a global specialist in 3D metrology software solutions, has announced the international launch of PolyWorks MS 2020, its 3D dimensional analysis and quality control solution.
PolyWorks MS 2020 offers batch-item editing functions that speed up the preparation of robust inspection projects and facilitate data analysis. This new major version also increases the universality of its digitization center by integrating new measuring instruments, and increases the productivity of CNC CMMs by accelerating the execution of measurement sequences.
“To successfully deploy the PolyWorks enterprise platform to the marketplace, you don't just have to make big deals. We also have to assume a huge responsibility , says Marc Soucy, President of InnovMetric. Every year we have a mission, because our customers expect us to improve their day-to-day efficiency, provide them with the new dimensional controls they need, and extend the universality of our platform by adding and improving our interfaces for 3D measuring devices. With PolyWorks 2020 we have once again achieved our goal. "
Improve project setup and analysis by taking advantage of multiple scanned models
PolyWorks | Inspector now allows users to edit and add data registrations, measurement objects and inspection reports for multiple measured items at once.
This new feature makes it easier for PolyWorks users to prepare robust inspection projects that take all items into account. After creating a project and measuring the first few items, users may encounter a problematic item for which an object's extract parameters are not suitable. New batch-item editing technology allows users to optimize the extraction and fit parameters of such an object until satisfactory results are obtained, and then apply those changes to all items already measured in a single operation, to ensure that the new parameters have no negative impact on the other items.
Editing item batches allows you to quickly assess a production failure by analyzing items already manufactured. When a failed item is detected, new reports and measurement objects are usually required to obtain additional information. PolyWorks 2020 now allows users to add these new objects and reports to a subset of selected items in a single operation, analyze object measurement results, trend graphs and statistics for these items, to better understand what caused the failure.
Take advantage of the increased universality of the portable metrology solution
PolyWorks MS 2020 expands its portable metrology processes and adds interfaces for new instruments, expanding the limits of the PolyWorks | Inspector platform:
- Build plans and lines from already measured objects and access the complete GD&T toolbox and fit statistics;
- Activate the use of Creaform laser scanners from the Play Inspection tool;
- Take advantage of high performance measurement methods that optimize the functionality of the Leica ATS600 tracker;
- Connect to a MicroRidge MobileCollect wireless system to add manual gauge readings to inspection projects.
Increase the productivity of CNC CMMs
More and more CNC CMM users are adopting PolyWorks MS when they discover its ease of use and performance. The 2020 version improves and diversifies its CNC CMM solution to help users increase their productivity in ultra-competitive markets by:
- Accelerating the execution of CNC CMM sequences during probing in hover mode (up to 50% faster) and during laser scanning;
- Ensuring that CMM positions are reachable by the machine to avoid invalid movement when defining a sequence offline, or to assist a sequence transposed to a CMM having a distinct measurement volume;
- Providing control of Hexagon and Zeiss CMM laser scanners using I ++.
Speed up inspection tasks
PolyWorks MS 2020 offers improved tools and new technologies that take the guesswork out of the guesswork and help users work faster.
They can now:
- Optimize and augment their GD&T toolbox with improved algorithms that speed up two-point distance calculations and produce more accurate and repeatable results, in addition to supporting a new common area modifier;
- Quickly discover and master interactive modes thanks to new personalized contextual toolbars and improved guidance;
- Easily share their personalized toolbars and macros with colleagues and partners; Link item batch inspection projects to Excel spreadsheets using PolyWorks | ReportLoop ™; Integrate mixed reality display into their guided measurement processes using PolyWorks | AR.
Visit the site: