InnovMetric launches PolyWorks Metrology Suite 2021. This suite provides powerful tools for analyzing curved surfaces, transforms the experience of measurement operators, and makes it easier to deploy PolyWorks| Inspector as a standard offline CMM sequencing solution.
InnovMetric, the global specialist in intelligent 3D metrology software solutions, launches PolyWorks Metrology Suite 2021, the latest version of its 3D dimensional analysis and quality control solution. The PolyWorks Metrology Suite 2021 curve surface analysis toolbox provides integrated isotropic surface defect detection technology that identifies anomalies such as bumps, dips, scratches, and cavities directly on scanned data, without the need to use a reference CAD model.
Leveraging Microsoft HoloLens mixed reality devices, this new major release offers operators of digital manual measuring instruments an automatic mixed reality photo capture that ensures the traceability of measurements and accelerates the assembly of assemblies by on-screen guidance with holograms.
PolyWorks Metrology Suite 2021 also offers users a more complete offline CNC MMT sequencing solution thanks to the augmented intelligence of its assisted sequencing technology, increased support for CMM components from all major brands, as well as a DMIS exporter.
"Year after year, PolyWorks software solutions are a valuable asset to our customers, enabling them to do more, more efficiently, using the smartest 3D metrology tools. PolyWorks Metrology Suite 2021 leverages new technologies that optimize the performance and usability of our solutions, while interconnecting with an ever-wider range of third-party solutions,"said Marc Soucy, President of InnovMetric. "With the addition of innovative dimensional analysis tools that increase user productivity, the integration of mixed reality technology with standard 3D measurement processes, and the significant enhancements to our flagship offline CNC CMM solution providing revolutionary measurement sequencing capabilities, PolyWorks Metrology Suite 2021 delivers on the promise of always offering high-value solutions,"he adds.
A toolbox for analyzing curved surfaces
This all-new version of PolyWorks Metrology Suite gives users powerful tools to quickly analyze the quality of a wide variety of curved surfaces:
- Bumps, hollows, scratches and cavities of scanned curved or planar surfaces can be located using the isotropic surface defect color map tool
- 2D sheet metal cuttings can be fully controlled with the GD&T line profile tool
- Sections of extruded or curved parts can be analyzed using the line profile tool
- The area with the largest gap on high-precision contact surfaces, such as flanges, can be identified using the local flatness tool
- Measurements of games and outcrops are possible on assembled vehicles, even when certain areas cannot be measured, by extrapolating the measured data from CAD models
An improved experience for measurement operators
Manufacturing companies can increase the efficiency and repeatability of their 3D measurement operations, thanks to technological aids added to measurement processes:
- Traceability of data from digital manual measuring instruments is available by automatically capturing and storing a mixed reality photo when measuring one dimension per digital gauge
- Digital displays, axial gaps and guide arrows can be displayed as holograms in the operator's view to help the operator precisely position a machine, tool or fastener
- Measurement operations can seamlessly incorporate other digital business solutions by using auto-trigger macros before or after certain operations are performed
This is a complete CNC CMM toolbox that makes it easy to deploy PolyWorks| Inspector as a standard offline sequencing solution.
This latest version adds a new level of intelligence to PolyWorks' assisted sequencing technology| Inspector and extends the universality of its offline solution:
- Assisted sequencing technology can automatically determine whether multiple tool orientations are needed to measure an object and configure object measurement methods
- Assisted sequencing, as well as collision avoidance and analysis technologies, are compatible with Renishaw-branded controllers
- Hexagon and Zeiss inferred probe heads and laser scanners are available in hardware catalogs when creating an offline sequence
- PolyWorks Metrology Suite CNC CMM measurement sequences are exportable as a standard DMIS file to accelerate sequence creation in other CMM software on the market.