Reduce the cost of 3D measurement by improving your global dimensional management process.
InnovMetric announces the launch of PolyWorks 2023. In this new version, PolyWorks' universal 3D metrology platform is extended to offer an integrated digital ecosystem for all four phases of a manufacturing company's global dimensional management process: product design, process design, validation and production. In addition to optimizing the performance of 3D measurement teams through enhancements to the universal platform, PolyWorks 2023 further reduces the cost of 3D measurement in three ways:
- PolyWorks offers enhanced digital workflows for model-based definition (MBD) and measurement system analysis (MSA), helping manufacturing companies to reduce the number of software applications used in their global dimensional management process.
- The PolyWorks data management solution can now be deployed in the cloud in less than 15 minutes, and interconnected with an enterprise identity server.
- Finally, PolyWorks integrates new root cause analysis tools into its data management solution, automatically identifying the factors affecting production quality.
" Over the past 10 years, we have invested heavily in digital technologies, which today enable us to help our customers increase their use of 3D measurement data while reducing their operating costs. What's our secret? We digitally interconnect our customers' platforms, such as CAD and PLM solutions, PolyWorks and Microsoft. As a result, we can now easily deliver business processes that previously required three or four different software packages, and react in real time to problems on the production line, while our decisions are based on factual 3D measurement data. What's more, our customers can now deploy our data management solution in less than 15 minutes - a major innovation for small and medium-sized businesses, says Marc Soucy, President of InnovMetric. For manufacturing companies still questioning the relevance of their digital transformation, the question they need to ask is no longer "why", but "when". "he concludes.
Product and process design phases
The PolyWorks |Inspector solution reduces time-to-market by measuring, controlling and analyzing 3D dimensions at every stage of the product and process design phases. With PolyWorks | Inspector 2023, 3D measurement specialists can create measurement models and perform 3D measurement tasks more efficiently. They can also :
- Analyze and modify large measurement sequences more quickly by finding steps via keyword searches or by browsing step types, including errors and warnings.
- Replace the source objects of an attached entity and preserve all associated objects, data recalculations and reports created from this entity.
- Create curve-like entities with a single click on a polygonal model of a measured item, for faster inspection of an item without CAD data.
Mixed reality display technologies provide localized visual guidance, measurement feedback and access to inspection functionality, freeing up operators' hands. The PolyWorks | ARMC 2023 mixed reality application offers powerful new tools for guiding laser scanning, reviewing inspection results and collaborating with colleagues. Users can now :
- Place the PolyWorks Inspector 3D scene window hologram in the operator's field of view to view scan progress, perform additional scans in poor-quality data areas and determine exactly where to scan features.
- Examine feature gaps and color maps directly over the measured item.
- Call colleagues with Microsoft Teams to review inspection results as a team and effectively discuss manufacturing issues.
The PolyWorks|PMI+LoopTM model-based definition solution enables manufacturing companies to manage all dimensional controls defined by design and manufacturing teams on their native CAD platform. By associating dimensional controls with CAD geometries in the CAD software, PolyWorks|PMI+Loop can automatically update these controls when the CAD model is modified, providing the digital traceability needed to speed up the integration of a CAD design change into an inspection project. In version 2023, InnovMetric has improved the speed of its MBD solution by an order of magnitude and significantly reduced the size of CAD files. PolyWorks | PMI+Loop is available for Siemens NX, PTC Creo and DS SolidWorks CAD platforms.
Measurement system analysis tools are essential to guarantee the capability of 3D measurement processes before certifying production tools. Since version 2021, users can launch a repeatability or R&R gage study directly from PolyWorks | Inspector, be guided to collect the appropriate probing, scanning and measurement data per instrument, and review the results in an updatable Excel spreadsheet linked to the inspection project. In PolyWorks 2023, InnovMetric has improved the speed of data transfer to Excel, while eliminating previous limitations on the number of dimensional checks, iterations, measured items and operators.
PolyWorks 2023 offers major innovations to manage data from production lines and solve manufacturing problems faster:
- Customers can now store up to a million items sampled on a production line as part of a single inspection project.
- Operators can monitor production dimensional trends at a glance by displaying hundreds of graphs at a time in the PolyWorks | DataLoopTM web interface.
- PolyWorks DataLoop users can now automatically find the root causes of problems by performing statistical association analyses, identifying factors affecting production quality, and examining results presented in plain language, with clear graphics.
The PolyWorks | DataLoop data management solution enables 3D measurement data to be stored on central servers, interconnecting all those who enter or need access to 3D measurement information. In version 2023, deployment of PolyWorks | DataLoop is simplified:
- InnovMetric now offers templates for installing, configuring and launching its data management solution on Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, in less than 15 minutes.
- PolyWorks | DataLoop now supports the Azure AD authentication protocol and SAML2.0 to enable interconnection with enterprise identity servers.