Opening electrical cabinets to carry out thermal and visual inspections of live components is dangerous, as it exposes the operator to the danger of electric arcing. It is now possible to improve safety by interposing a FLIR IR window between this equipment and the operator, to better protect him and make opening unnecessary.
Easy to install
FLIR IR sightglasses are quick and safe to install. It uses the same connections as traditional pipework.
- One hole is enough for each porthole
- A PIRma-Lock™ ring nut is all that's needed for fastening.
- Uses standard American punching machines to make the holes
Reliability of PIRma-Lock™
The locking technology is used for the first time on an IR window.
- Contains teeth that ensure locking inside the panel
- Automatic drainage of metal components
- No risk of failure due to screw holes
Quick-access hinged cover
A simple knob unlocks the irremovable hinged cover of the IR window.
- Easy, instant opening for quick inspection
- Prevents components from being dropped or misplaced
- An internal label for permanent identification of the porthole
Broadband crystal IR window
The optics are held in place by a sturdy anodized aluminum frame, for indoor or outdoor inspection.
- Transmission of short-, medium- and long-wave IR images
- Allows visual inspections and use of Fusion functions
- Let through lighting and laser pointer
Improved productivity and return on investment
Significantly reduces inspection time, for more efficient assessments to NFPA 70E guidelines.
- Requires only one person instead of three
- Eliminates the need for bulky PPE
- Helps reduce most causes of arcing
FLIR certifies its IRW series sightglasses with comprehensive tests and offers a lifetime warranty.
- Complies with UL, KEMA and TÜV standards and regulations
- Resistant to electric arcs, vibrations and extreme humidity
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects