VorTek Instruments' Pro-V M24 multivariate flowmeters, available from Engineering Mesures, use three primary sensing elements – a vortex effect velocity sensor, a resistance temperature sensor and a semiconductor pressure transducer – to measure the mass flow of gases, liquids and saturated or overheated steam.
Systems that use external measurements of the process to calculate the mass flow may not provide adequate compensation. In addition, the process conditions can change dramatically between the speed measurement point and the point where upstream or downstream pressure and temperature measurements are performed. Since the Pro-V multivariate flowmeter measures all these parameters in one place, it allows for more accurate process measurement.
The integration of multivariate output capability with a single pipe access point also simplifies system complexity and helps reduce initial equipment investment, installation and maintenance costs. The M24 model is available in a configuration that offers the flowmeter the possibility of being reduced internally relative to the nominal size of the line, thus allowing to measure the lowest flow rates.
The M24 has the ability to power a flowmeter with a POE switch or router. This allows data logging and use of Modbus TCP/IP and BACnet IP communications, as well as configuration and monitoring via the web interface. Many options and configurations are available to meet the specific needs of various applications.
Advantages of Pro-V:
– Mass flow equations – real gas, ideal gas, AGA 8, API 2540
– Compensated reading of the mass flow of liquids, gases and vapors
– Energy monitoring – ability to calculate and track energy consumption
– Easy to install and commission
– Reliable: no moving parts, no contact between the fluid and the sensor.
– High accuracy with a measurement range of up to 100:1
– Temperature up to 400 °C (750°F)
– Pressure up to 103 Bar R (1500 psig)
– Online configuration for pipes of 1/2"- 12". DN15 to DN 300
– Ranges, outputs and displays configurable on site
– Remote electronic option available for harsh environments or limited access locations
– The design of the Mass Meter powered by a 4-20mA loop saves on energy costs
– Hart Communication Protocol – Standard
– Modbus RTU, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus TCP/IP and BACnet IP communications available
– Ethernet interface and POE available
– Approvals ATEX , IECEX , FM, FMC