VorTek Instruments' Pro-V M24 multivariable flowmeters, available from Engineering Mesures, use three primary sensing elements - a vortex velocity sensor, a resistance temperature sensor and a solid-state pressure transducer - to measure the mass flow of gases, liquids and saturated or superheated steam.
Systems that use external process measurements to calculate mass flow may not provide adequate compensation. In addition, process conditions can change radically between the point at which velocity is measured and the point at which upstream or downstream pressure and temperature measurements are taken. Since the Pro-V multivariable flowmeter measures all these parameters at a single point, it enables more accurate process measurement.
The integration of multivariable output capability with a single point of access to the line also simplifies system complexity and helps reduce initial equipment investment, installation and maintenance costs. The M24 model is available in a configuration that allows the flowmeter to be internally reduced from the nominal line size, enabling even the lowest flow rates to be measured.
The M24 can power a flowmeter via a POE switch or router. This enables data logging and the use of Modbus TCP/IP and BACnet IP communications, as well as configuration and monitoring via the web interface. Numerous options and configurations are available to meet the specific needs of various applications.
Advantages of Pro-V :
- Mass flow equations - real gas, ideal gas, AGA 8, API 2540
- Compensated mass flow readout for liquids, gases and steam
- Energy monitoring - ability to calculate and track energy consumption
- Easy to install and commission
- Reliable: no moving parts, no contact between fluid and sensor.
- High precision with a measurement range of up to 100:1
- Temperature up to 400°C (750°F)
- Pressure up to 103 Bar R (1500 psig)
- In-line configuration for 1/2″- 12″ pipes. DN15 to DN 300
- Field-configurable ranges, outputs and displays
- Remote electronics option available for harsh environments or locations with limited access
- 4-20mA loop-powered Mass Meter design saves energy costs
- Hart communication protocol - Standard
- Modbus RTU, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus TCP/IP and BACnet IP communications available
- Ethernet and POE interface available
- ATEX , IECEX , FM, FMC approvals
Visit the site: