VXG signal generators are designed for 5G and 6G research, as well as satellite communications and radar solutions
Keysight Technologies, Inc., an innovative technology company that provides design and validation solutions to connect and secure the world, has designed a new four-channel vector signal generator, with a frequency of up to 54 GHz, offering up to 5 GHz of radio frequency (RF) bandwidth and low phase noise in a single instrument.
Keysight's new M9484C VXG vector signal generator enriches its VXG series product line with real-time capabilities to support the most demanding applications in the wireless industry. The M9484C VXG signal generator, combined with a V3080A frequency extender, extends the frequency range up to 110 GHz to meet the needs of current and future standards.
New 5G mobile communications, 6G research, satellite communications and radar applications use a wide range of frequencies, up to the millimeter wave spectrum (mmWave). Testing these applications requires signal generation equipment capable of creating millimeter wave signals at extremely high bandwidth. These new applications also adopt multi-antenna techniques, such as spatial diversity, spatial multiplexing and beamforming, to enable diversity, multiplexing and antenna gains for robust, high-speed communications.
Keysight's new M9484C VXG signal generator enables customers to reduce the complexity of configuring test systems and perform accurate, repeatable multi-channel measurements in a single instrument. The main benefits for customers are:
● A scalable architecture that enables the most demanding broadband and multi-channel signal testing with frequencies up to 110 GHz:
○ Generates test signals with radio frequency (RF) bandwidth of up to 5 GHz;
○ Covers frequency ranges from 9 kHz to 54 GHz and up to 110 GHz with a frequency-extending V3080A vector signal generator;
○ Enables multi-antenna test applications such as MIMO and beamforming with precise phase consistency and synchronization synchronization.
● A fully integrated, calibrated and synchronized signal generator that provides low phase noise and minimizes measurement uncertainty:
○ Overcomes the excessive path attenuation observed at mmW frequencies with low error vector amplitude (EVM) and low distortion at high output power;
○ Offers advanced RF performance with direct digital synthesis (DDS) technology to accurately characterize devices under test (DUT);
○ Enables accurate synchronization and triggering of multi-channel/multi-instrument test applications.
● Real-time signal processing and comprehensive signal creation that enable elaborate test scenarios and simplify the complexity of reception and performance testing.
○ Supports real-time MIMO fading for all base station compliance testing required by 3GPP 5G new radio (NR) standard with PathWave Signal Generation software.
○ Streamlines complex receiver test scenarios with emulation of 8 virtual signals per RF channel, up to 32 signals in a single instrument.
○ Simplifies testing with predefined compliance testing configurations, automatic signal analysis, and graphical user interface.
Keysight's new M9484C VXG signal generator generates high-frequency, high-bandwidth signals across multiple consistent channels. These capabilities allow engineers to:
● Design innovative designs that enable higher frequencies, higher bandwidths and multi-channel applications, and ensure they meet the latest and ever-changing standard testing requirements.
● Simplify measurement configuration and complex calibration routines associated with multi-box solutions with a one-piece approach, saving time and reducing measurement errors related to equipment configuration and wiring changes.
● Eliminate signal degradation caused by traditional analog I/Q modulators with a new DDS architecture and provide advanced signal fidelity for broadband signal generation.