Conceived and written by Robert Legendre, one of France's leading industrial maintenance specialists over the last 25 years, this 700-page book provides concrete, practical answers to the essential technical concerns of mechanical maintenance.
The Technical Maintenance Manual is the product of the author's own knowledge and experience in a large number of plants, of the technical opinion of maintenance managers, and also of Anglo-Saxon technical documentation available across the Channel and across the Atlantic.
The book is divided into two main sections
Part One (358 pages) : analysis of causes and remedies for different types of mechanical failure
- Extrinsic failure has a cause that is specific to an organ, a function, or a product where it appears; this cause is not due to the normal degradation of an organ. The Memento provides help in finding causes and remedies in the most common cases.
- Scattered failures have a cause that is general to several organs, or several functions, or several products where they appear. The aim is to find a common factor in similar failures. This common point is very often one or more rules of the art that have not been respected. Visit Memento presents 75 rules of the art ; is the fruit of a compilation spanning 15 years.
- Intrinsic failure is caused by the normal wear and tear of a component. In general, this requires replacement of the component. Breakdowns are avoided through preventive maintenance. Visit Memento presents 109 standards and all aspects of non-destructive testing.
Second partie (345 pages) : practical documentation
- Safety rules.
- Specific mechanical techniques.
- Laws and values in mechanics and physics.
- The main codes and standards.
- The most common materials and their constraints.
Trained as an engineer at Ensam (Arts & Métiers), Robert Legendre worked in design, production and maintenance in plants in France, England, the USA and Belgium, and also carried out productivity audits in Germany, Sweden, Scotland and Mexico. After these operational experiences, Robert Legendre worked as a maintenance consulting engineer for over 25 years, first as an employee, then as the director of a consulting firm, and finally on his own. As a result, he has worked in some 350 plants in a wide range of industries: heavy engineering, automotive, chemicals, iron and steel, paper mills, glassworks, mechanical engineering, various transformations, foundries, refineries, food processing, etc. Over the past 10 years, our work has focused mainly on preventive maintenance and reliability enhancement, and we have also produced a series of maintenance rulebooks, 5,000 of which have been sold in France, Belgium, Switzerland and China.
This book is an essential tool for all maintenance managers, supervisors, technicians and design engineers.
Memento technique de Maintenance - Mechanical part
Large format 21 x 29 cm.
709 pages (many in color).
450 euros excluding VAT - 474.75 euros including VAT
ISBN : 978-2-36233-114-5