Comsol announces the release of version 5.1 of Comsol Multiphysics.The merger of Model Builder and Application Builder in a single and interactive interface has been achieved.
The Application Builder allows you to design applications, based on the multiphysics models built in the Model Builder. All this in the same software, through the same interface, with the same file format and allowing the exchange of model data between the two tools. It is a key element in improving productivity in R&D, design departments and beyond.
The improvements brought about by this version concern in particular:
- many examples of documented applications have been added;
- the ability to browse models and applications without holding the licenses of the modules involved and to perform additional post-processing on the available results;
- two-phase Euler-Euler flow in a turbulent regime for the simulation of fluidized beds;
- libraries of geometric parts and new databases have been added to many modules;
- the calculation of coil of varied section in AC / DC electromagnetism;
- the coupling of concentrations between the microscopic and macroscopic scale in reactors;
- the new domain decomposition solver;
- the execution of the applications on several computers at the same time with Comsol Server, which makes it possible to launch calculations on a machine different from the one where the application is executed.
Find out more: www.comsol.fr