Proline 100 is the world's first flowmeter range to enable digital communication via PROFINET. Thanks to its ultra-compact design, the Proline 100 offers full functionality in a small space. It has been specially designed for modular, skid-mounted process installations in the life sciences and food & beverage industries:
Profinet represents the technological advancement of the PROFIBUS fieldbus based on Industrial Ethernet. This protocol was originally developed by Siemens and Profibus & Profinet International (PI). As the successor to PROFIBUS DP, Profinet has a proven track record in production automation and mechanical engineering. It currently has a market share of 30 %. Profinet, similar to EtherNet/IP, guarantees total interoperability: in other words, it is a system of continuous, uniform communication between the control device and the field device. It is also possible to use several protocols simultaneously, or to integrate existing fieldbus systems using proxy technology. Profinet therefore offers the same advantages as an Industrial Ethernet protocol, such as real-time transmission of large volumes of diagnostic and process data from multivariable field devices.
Given the growing importance of Profinet, Endress+Hauser is now offering Industrial Ethernet protocol for its Proline 100 range of compact flowmeters, the first manufacturer in the world to do so.
Key benefits of Profinet
- Integrated Web server for easy configuration and rapid troubleshooting
- Preventive maintenance thanks to reliable diagnostic data (e.g. Heartbeat technology)
- Fast, reliable integration of peripherals directly from the device using the device description file (GSD)
- Increased plant safety and easy maintenance thanks to tool-free replacement of field devices (automatic parameter configuration)
- Flexible network design (e.g. star topology)
- Simplified off-line parameter configuration, without the need for additional tools. And files can be automatically downloaded to the field device.
- Ethernet port for flexible star topology◊
Key benefits of Proline flowmeters
- Space-saving multivariate measurement technology in a compact design
- Extremely high degree of protection (IP 69K) ensures perfect sealing, even during cleaning operations
- Proven sensors for perfect long-term stability
- Resistance to vibration and external pipe forces
- Optimum measurement accuracy
- Low maintenance; no moving parts
Coriolis flowmeters :
- Promass 100 (P, S, I, E, F, H, A, O, X, G, Cubemass C)
Electromagnetic flowmeters :
- Promag 100 (H, P)
Maximum process transparency Proline flowmeters can be seamlessly integrated into the PROFINET engineering environment. This means that all diagnostic and process data can be retrieved at any time during operation, enabling optimum data monitoring and evaluation. Malfunctions or disturbances can be easily recognized and dealt with immediately, helping to increase plant availability over the long term.
Learn more: https://www.cem.la/short/profineteh