InnovMetric Software, a leading provider of intelligent 3D metrology software solutions, announces the launch of a new entry-level package, PolyWorks|Inspector Gauging, to help manufacturing organizations collect and manage data from digital handheld measuring instruments from their PolyWorks digital ecosystem. In addition to being an original instrument measurement solution that offers the common features of digital handheld measurement instrument manufacturers' software, PolyWorks|Inspector Gauging also provides powerful CAD-based tools, 3D measurement guidance, and nominal feature creation for performing 3D inspections using digital gauge measurements.
"The need to integrate data from digital hand-held measuring instruments into PolyWorks became apparent when customers began implementing the PolyWorks|DataLoop MC data management solution, says Marc Soucy, president of InnovMetric. Early PolyWorks|DataLoop users saw the efficiency gains they would get by integrating all types of measurement data, regardless of their source, within our enterprise solution. We've made their wish come true in the form of a new package specifically for industrial instrument measurement applications. Once all of your point cloud and CMM data is stored, collected and managed in a centralized database, subject matter experts in different fields across the enterprise can collaborate like never before, using real-time 3D measurement information and comprehensive MSP statistics, via a web interface, to quickly solve production quality issues."
PolyWorks|Inspector Gauging provides powerful CAD-based inspection tools that facilitate the preparation and execution of measurement sequences as well as the review of measurement results. Users can thus:
- Import and display 3D CAD models in IGES or STEP format;
- Create 2D or 3D nominal geometric entities with a single click on a CAD model; Use the created geometric entities to specify the dimensions that will be measured by instruments;
- Take advantage of a complete 3D measurement guidance when measuring by instrument of one dimension;
- Review and share 3D measurement results using control views.
PolyWorks|Inspector Gauging also offers the full set of features commonly used in instrument measurement software, including:
- Automated data collection from digital hand-held measuring instruments, using Bluetooth-enabled data collector plug-ins and input dialogs;
- Manual input of measurement data for analog gauges and visual checks; Creation and execution of measurement sequences;
- Measurement guidance with photos and text instructions; Formatted PDF reports and intelligent Excel integration;
- Batch measurement capabilities and statistical process control (SPC).
For existing PolyWorks customers, PolyWorks|Inspector Gauging represents an opportunity to unify their 3D measurement community, create synergies that reduce operating expenses, and share best practices, data, and measurement results efficiently:
- The offline preparation team that creates inspection projects for portable metrology devices or CMMs can also create measurement ranges for digital handheld measuring instruments.
- Since PolyWorks offers a universal 3D measurement workflow for all the measuring devices it supports, all PolyWorks users can easily use the digital handheld measuring instruments without additional training.
- The integration of digital handheld measurement instrument data into PolyWorks enables data from all sources to be brought together in PolyWorks|Inspector projects and to share 3D measurement results across the enterprise.