InnovMetric Logiciels, publisher of intelligent 3D metrology software solutions, announces the launch of a new entry-level package, PolyWorks | Inspector Gauging, to help manufacturing organizations collect and manage data from digital manual measuring instruments, from their PolyWorks digital ecosystem. In addition to being an original instrument measurement solution, which offers the common functionality of software from manufacturers of digital manual measuring instruments, PolyWorks | Inspector Gauging also provides powerful CAD-based tools, 3D measurement guidance and creating nominal features to perform 3D inspections using digital gauge measurements.
“The need to integrate data from digital manual measuring instruments into PolyWorks naturally arose when customers began implementing the PolyWorks | DataLoop ™ data management solution,” said Marc Soucy, President of InnovMetric. Early PolyWorks | DataLoop users saw the efficiencies they would achieve by integrating all types of measurement data, regardless of its source, into our enterprise solution. We have made their wishes come true in the form of a new package specifically dedicated to industrial instrument measurement applications. Once all of your point cloud and CMM data is stored, collected, and managed in a centralized database, experts in different areas across the enterprise can collaborate like never before, using the insights 3D real-time measurement and full MSP statistics, through a web interface, to quickly resolve production quality issues. "
PolyWorks | Inspector Gauging provides powerful CAD data-based inspection tools that make it easy to prepare and run measurement sequences as well as review measurement results. Users can thus:
- Import and display 3D CAD models in IGES or STEP format;
- Create nominal 2D or 3D geometric entities with a single click on a CAD model; Use the geometric entities created to specify the dimensions that will be measured by instruments;
- Take advantage of full 3D measurement guidance when measuring one dimension by instrument;
- Review and share 3D measurement results using control views.
PolyWorks | Inspector Gauging also offers the full set of features commonly used in instrument measurement software, including:
- Automated data collection from digital manual measuring instruments, using data collector plug-ins and Bluetooth-enabled input dialogs;
- Manual entry of measurement data for analog gauges and visual checks; Creation and execution of measurement sequences;
- Guiding measurements with photos and text instructions; Formatted PDF reports and smart Excel integration;
- Capacities for measuring batches of items and statistical process control (SPM).
For existing PolyWorks customers, PolyWorks | Inspector Gauging represents an opportunity to unify their 3D measurement community, create synergies that reduce operating expenses, as well as share best practices, data and measurement results. in an effective way :
- The offline preparation team that creates inspection projects for portable metrology devices or CMMs can also create measuring ranges for digital manual measuring instruments.
- Because PolyWorks offers a universal 3D measurement workflow for all the measurement devices it supports, all PolyWorks users can easily operate digital manual measurement instruments without receiving additional training.
- Integrating data from digital manual measuring instruments into PolyWorks enables data to be brought together from all sources in PolyWorks | Inspector projects and to share 3D measurement results enterprise-wide.