As part of its "nuclear & radiation protection" department, HTDS announces the release of a new generation portable gamma & neutron spectrometer for in situ identification of radionuclides (RID): IdentiFinder R425.
A portable and high-performance RID spectrometer for better multidirectional detection.
Presented at the last WNE show and marketed by HTDS, the IdentiFinder R425 is the latest addition to the famous Identifinder range developed by FLIR. A new, next-generation portable device for radionuclide identification, the IdentiFinder R425 offers 360-degree coverage that allows gamma and neutron radioactive sources to be located and measured with confidence.
One of the great strengths of the IdentiFinder R425 is that it relies on Reliable Flir algorithms, based on advanced heuristic methods and hybrid identification techniques. Indeed, with more than 25,000 RID deployed, the IdentiFinder R425 benefits from a solid heritage in terms of performance while incorporating significant improvements:
- The new design of the cubic detector allows high performance in all directions
- Gamma detection three times more sensitive (G): NaI(Tl) 45 x 45 x 45 mm
- Neutron detection twice as sensitive (GN): two ZnS detectors
- Advanced heuristics and hybrid identification techniques
- Stabilization without radioactive source
- 15% lighter than the previous generation
The new on-board detection system allows the IdentiFinder R425 spectrometer to be able to react even faster to the most distant radioactive threats, behind the most important obstacles and with a better resolution than other RID of similar sizes existing to date.
With a quick start (20 seconds) a sun-readable screen visible through polarized glasses, an easy-to-read reading interface, the identiFInder R425 spectrometer accelerates decision-making to ensure the safety of stakeholders and the environment.
For fast and effective detection in any situation
Practically, with unmatched robustness, flexible power management and ease of use, the IdentiFinder R425 has been designed to withstand shocks and the most demanding environments.
This new detection device displays remarkable performance and makes it easier than ever to communicate results quickly, regardless of the method used.
In addition to remote data visualization, use and feedback thanks to the integrated Bluetooth and GPS modules, the IdentiFinder R425 has significant advantages for users:
- The internal battery lasts up to 12 hours; additional power options include hot-swappable and user-replaceable disposable or rechargeable batteries
- Ultra-fast implementation: ready within 20 seconds after cold start
- Fully closed semiconductor detector
- Protection class IP67
- Balanced ergonomic design
Built for cross-organizational standardization, the user interface of the IdentiFinder R425 spectrometer offers the advantage of being common to other IdentiFinder products, and therefore being known to users. This specificity makes it possible to quickly integrate the device into all the operational protocols in force, thus reducing the training burden.
Compact device, lightweight (≤1.2 kg), robust, and very easy to use, this new device perfectly meets the needs of stakeholders in the field and will find applications in many situations and environments:
- Customs / Border Security
- General radiation protection
- Emergency situation
- Environmental control
- Civil protection
Visit the site: