As part of its "Nuclear & Radiation Protection" department, HTDS announces the launch of a new-generation portable gamma & neutron spectrometer for the identification of in situ of radionuclides (RID): IdentiFinder R425.
A portable, high-performance RID spectrometer for enhanced multidirectional detection.
Introduced at WNE and marketed by HTDS, the IdentiFinder R425 is the latest addition to FLIR's renowned Identifinder range. A new-generation portable radionuclide identification device, the IdentiFinder R425 offers 360-degree coverage, enabling gamma and neutron radioactive sources to be located and measured with complete confidence.
One of the great strengths of the IdentiFinder R425 is its reliance on Flir's reliable algorithms, based on advanced heuristic methods and hybrid identification techniques. Indeed, with over 25,000 RIDs deployed, the IdentiFinder R425 benefits from a solid heritage in terms of performance, while incorporating notable improvements:
- New cubic detector design delivers high performance in all directions
- Three times more sensitive gamma detection (G): NaI(Tl) 45 x 45 x 45 mm
- Twice as sensitive neutron detection (GN): two ZnS detectors
- Advanced heuristics and hybrid identification techniques
- Stabilization without radioactive source
- 15 % lighter than the previous generation
The new on-board detection system enables the IdentiFinder R425 spectrometer to react even more quickly to the most distant radioactive threats, behind the biggest obstacles and with better resolution than other RIDs of similar size to date.
With a quick start-up time (20 seconds), a sunlight-readable display visible through polarized glasses, and an easy-to-read reading interface, the identiFInder R425 spectrometer speeds up decision-making to ensure the safety of workers and the environment.
For fast, effective detection in any situation
On the practical side, with its unrivalled robustness, flexible power management and ease of use, the IdentiFinder R425 has been designed to withstand the most demanding environments and shocks.
This new detection device delivers outstanding performance, making it easier than ever to communicate results rapidly, whatever the method used.
In addition to remote viewing, use and data feedback thanks to its integrated Bluetooth and GPS modules, the IdentiFinder R425 offers significant advantages for users:
- Internal battery lasts up to 12 hours; additional power options include disposable or rechargeable hot-swappable and user-replaceable batteries
- Ultra-fast start-up: ready within 20 seconds of cold start-up
- Fully enclosed solid-state sensor
- Protection class IP67
- Ergonomically balanced design
Built for inter-organizational standardization, the IdentiFinder R425 spectrometer's user interface offers the advantage of being common to other IdentiFinder products, and therefore familiar to users. This specificity means that the device can be rapidly integrated into all current operational protocols, reducing the training load.
Compact, lightweight (≤1.2 kg), robust, and very easy to use this new device therefore perfectly meets the needs of field workers and will find applications in many situations and environments:
- Customs / Border security
- General radiation protection
- Emergency situation
- Environmental control
- Civil protection
Visit the site: