The Scientific Week of the Cofrend (French Confederation for Non-Destructive Testing) aims to allow everyone to discover the advances in research & development and technological innovations, in NDT (non-destructive testing) and SHM (Structure Health Monitoring).
The scientific week will begin from 16 to 18 May 2022, with three mornings, remotely, offering conference sessions dedicated to the themes treated in the Cofrend working groups.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Monday 16 May: artificial intelligence, digital radiography and tomography,
- Tuesday 17 May: END & civil engineering pause, nonlinear acoustic methods & END, additive manufacturing,
- Wednesday, May 18: Terahertz pause, organizational & human factors, television control.
Then, go face-to-face at Arts et Métiers – Paris Campus – Ensam (Paris 13):
- May 19 with the 5th edition of the Doctoriales de la Cofrend, an event organized every 18 months. Some 11 young researchers will present the results of their research and their thesis work in progress or defended in 2021. In parallel, the day will revolve around poster sessions, prepared by manufacturers on the challenges of NDT and their needs, the time of breaks and lunch. Then, it will end with a speed dating, followed by a "social event" to promote dialogue between industrialists and doctoral students.
- And on May 20 for the 5th annual day [email protected]. An annual event of the SHM community, this day is part of the continuation of its action to structure the French SHM sector. It will begin with the intervention of Holger Speckmann, Managing Director Testia GmbH who will present the SHM advances within Testia, a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Then the day will revolve around technical and scientific conferences and an exhibition, the time of breaks and lunch.
This cofrend scientific week will offer a taste of the scientific and technical program of the Cofrend Days 2023 organized from June 6 to 8 in Marseille.