Optimized manufacturing and calibration processes enable Creaform's flagship, a metrological-grade 3D scanner, to deliver 12 micron accuracy, setting a new industry standard for handheld devices.
Creaform, a business unit of Amaetek, Inc. and the global leader in portable 3D measurement solutions and engineering services, announces the addition of the HandyScan Black high-precision handheld scanner| Elite Limited to the HandyScan 3D series | Black, already the reference in portable metrology. Developed over the past decade by optimizing manufacturing and calibration processes, working closely with suppliers and talking to thousands of industrial customers, this innovative portable solution offers unparalleled accuracy.
Designed specifically to meet the needs of the most demanding dimensional metrology professionals in the industrial and manufacturing sectors, the HandyScan Black| Elite Limited can tackle any quality control or product development application where tolerances require increased accuracy, while remaining portable and flexible. It is twice as accurate as the HandyScan Black| Elite, evaluated by ISO 17025 accredited calibration, based on VDI/VDE Part 3.
The features of the HandyScan Black| Elite Limited, this innovative wearable technology that will achieve the most accurate, highest resolution and reproducible results.
- Offers an accuracy of 0.012 mm.
- Offers volumetric accuracy of 0.012 mm +0.020 mm/m.
- Powered by smart resolution that highlights fine details and high curvatures.
- Uses 11 blue laser crosses, for increased scanning speed on complex surfaces.
- Offers integrated photogrammetry, like the entire HandyScan 3D range.
- Portable, lightweight, simple and versatile, it is perfect for scanning at any time, in any environmental condition.
- Ideal for Creaform application software, such as the VXmodel module for scanning to CAD, the VXinspect module for dimensional inspection and the VXintegrity NDT software platform for NDT applications.
This revolutionary metrology solution has been fully developed and is manufactured at Creaform's ISO 9000 headquarters in Canada, where the company has an ISO 17025 accredited in-house calibration laboratory. "Through our14 offices around the world," says Simon Côté, Product Manager at Creaform, "our commitment to the highest standards is supported by a global team of application engineers and technical support specialists who speak more than 30 languages, as well as more than 150 value-added distributors."
The HandyScan Black| Elite Limited will be available for deliveryfrom 1 March 2023.